Location: Orogrande, New Mexico, USA, US Highway 54, 35 miles south of Alamogordo
Orogrande school was built in 1935, and the school closed in 1959 to move the district to Alamogordo, NM due to costs. Orogrande got its name in 1905 because a huge gold nugget was found in the area. Orogrande means "big gold" in English. Oragrande became a ghost town after miners did not find much gold as expected.